Experience / Expertise
James has a significant amount of commercial property experience, having worked in the industry since September 2000. Before founding Darby Keye Property in January 2014, James worked in the Birmingham office of the highly regarded National Industrial & Logistics team at Colliers International, which he joined back in November 2005. Prior to this, he spent 5 years at GR Darby developing an extensive understanding of all aspects of land & property, whilst undertaking a degree in Real Estate Management. James qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in 2008.
James specialises in the industrial and logistics sector and has successfully advised a range of clients including Funds, Developers, Property Companies & Corporate Occupiers on both, high profile and large scale acquisitions and disposals.
James has gained an enviable reputation for upholding integrity and providing clear and accurate advice to the benefit of his clients in both stable and unstable market conditions.
Recent Highlights Include:
- Acquisition of 50 acres of ‘allocated’ employment land at Exhall, Nuneaton (J3 M6) on behalf of Opus Land. The site has been acquired for the purposes of developing up to 650,000 sq ft of ‘institutional’ specification warehouse space in a single unit or multiple units.
- Leasehold disposal of 3 brand new speculatively constructed warehouses (100,000 sq ft, 30,000 sq ft and 20,000 sq ft) at The Hub, Birmingham on behalf of IM Properties.
- Acquisition of T119, a brand new 119,000 sq ft speculatively constructed warehouse at St Modwen Park, Tamworth on behalf of Box.co.uk for their National Distribution hub.
- Leasehold disposal of a fully refurbished 60,000 sq ft warehouse at Wellesbourne Distribution Park, Warwick on behalf of Capita Land.
- Leasehold disposal of a 145,000 sq ft ‘institutional’ specification warehouse at Hams Hall, Birmingham on behalf of a corporate occupier client (Sertec).
- Acquisition and pre-let of a 40,000 sq ft R&D facility at Tachbrook Park, Leamington on behalf of Warmflame Developments.
- Leasehold disposal of a 70,000 sq ft 2nd hand warehouse at Stonebridge Cross Business Park, Droitwich on behalf of Capita Land.
- GSF Car Parts
- Capita Land
- St Modwen
- IM Properties
- Aviva Investors
- Opus Land
- Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Kennedy Wilson