Experience / Expertise
James has a significant amount of commercial property experience, having worked in the industry since September 2000. Before founding Darby Keye Property in January 2014, James worked in the Birmingham office of the highly regarded National Industrial & Logistics team at Colliers International, which he joined back in November 2005. Prior to this, he spent 5 years at GR Darby developing an extensive understanding of all aspects of land & property, whilst undertaking a degree in Real Estate Management. James qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in 2008.
James specialises in the industrial and logistics sector and has successfully advised a range of clients including Funds, Developers, Property Companies & Corporate Occupiers on both, high profile and large scale acquisitions and disposals.
James has gained an enviable reputation for upholding integrity and providing clear and accurate advice to the benefit of his clients in both stable and unstable market conditions.
Recent Highlights Include:
- Acquisition of Midpoint 105, a 105,506 sq ft warehouse at Midpoint Park, Birmingham on behalf of The Parts Alliance Group for their National Distribution hub.
- ‘Off market’ acquisition of 7.1 acres of land allocated for ‘employment uses’ at Relay Park, Tamworth on behalf of Opus Land / Aberdeen Standard Investments. The land has been acquired for the purposes of developing a brand new speculatively constructed ‘institutional specification warehouse of 135,000 sq ft.
- Disposal of 65,000 sq ft industrial / warehouse premises on Haydock Park Road, Derby on behalf of ‘Corporate Occupier’ client, Parker Hannifin.
- Acquisition of vacant 51,368 sq ft industrial / warehouse premises on Stafford Park 11, Telford on behalf of Cedarway Limited.
- Disposal of the above premises to AO Recycling Limited on a 15 year FRI Lease.
Wider Industry Involvement
James acts as Treasurer of the West Midlands Industrial Agents Society as well as being a member of the internationally recognised Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- The Parts Alliance
- Capita Land
- St Modwen
- IM Properties
- Parker Hannifin
- Opus Land
- Aberdeen Standard Investments