Experience / Expertise
Chris has worked within a range of commercial property sectors, including Industrial and Offices, however he is particularly focused on the acquisition & disposal of industrial and logistics premises in the Midlands. Chris has personally acted for landlords on some of the most significant multi-let estates and large scale facilities located along the M5, M6 and M42 corridors.
Chris has gained an exceptional reputation for providing first class marketing and asset repositioning advice to many of the leading industry heavyweights and is often called upon as a “trusted advisor”.
Prior to working at Darby Keye Property, Chris spent 6 years working in the award winning Industrial & Logistics team of GBR Phoenix Beard (now Savills), where he built up an extensive client base of Funds, Property Companies, Developers and Occupiers. Chris’ client base has been further strengthened and expanded throughout his time at Darby Keye Property.
Chris is well known amongst the commercial property community for his proactive, tenacious and personal approach, and is renowned for delivering results which exceed his client’s expectations.
Recent Highlights Include:
- Retained to provide marketing advice to Westbrook Properties in respect of the “Stirling Industrial” portfolio Midlands industrial assets, totalling more than 200,000 sq ft
- Providing occupational advice to IO Group on the acquisition of the £76m “MStar” portfolio, comprising 1,500,000 sq ft of industrial and logistics accommodation nationally
- Retained to provide marketing advice to IO Group in respect of the “MStar” portfolio Midlands industrial assets, comprising 381,716 sq ft
- Providing marketing advice to Prologis in respect of a 55,000 and 63,000 sq ft distribution unit at Prologis Park, Bromford Gate, Birmingham
- Retained to provide marketing advice to St Modwen on approximately 900,000 sq ft of industrial / warehouse space at Meon Vale Business Park, Long Marston, Stratford Upon Avon
- Retained to provide asset repositioning and marketing advice to CBRE Global Investors on 140,000 sq ft of industrial and logistics property at Frankley Industrial Estate, Birmingham
- Acquisition of a modern detached 43,000 sq ft warehouse at Gravelly Industrial Park, Birmingham, from Aberdeen Standard Investments, on behalf of Central Mailing Systems
- Awarded “Most Active Agent by Number of Acquisitions and Disposals – Midlands Industrial “ February 2019 by CoStar, the leading Commercial Property information provider in the UK
Wider Industry Involvement
Chris is a Midlands Property Quiz committee member and assists with organising the event annually. The quiz attracts c. 500 property professionals from across the region, raising money for various charities. He is also a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and the West Midlands Industrial Agents Society.
- IM Properties
- St Modwen
- CBRE Global Investors
- London Metric (formerly A&J Mucklows)
- M7 Real Estate
- M&G Real Estate
- The IPIF
- Westbrook Properties