Experience / Expertise
Chris has worked within a range of commercial property sectors, including Offices, Industrial and Retail, however in recent years, he has particularly focused on the acquisition & disposal of industrial / warehousing premises in the greater Birmingham area. He has personally acted for landlords on some of the most significant multi-let estates and large scale facilities along the M6 and M42 corridors in particular. Such instructions have required an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the local market to maximise value and fulfill client expectations. The exposure Chris has acquired through working in the agency / transactional markets has in turn, enabled him to offer unrivaled strategic asset management advice, including the negotiation of lease renewals, lease restructuring and rent reviews.
Prior to working at Darby Keye Property, Chris spent 6 years working in the award winning Industrial & Logistics team of GBR Phoenix Beard, where he built up an extensive client base of Funds, Property Companies, Developers and Occupiers.
Chris is well known for his proactive, personal approach and is renowned for exceeding his client’s expectations.
- Disposal of an 85,000 sq ft manufacturing facility on behalf of a well-known Property Company
- Retained to provide advice on a 375,000 sq ft multi-let scheme on behalf of Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors
- Retained to provide advice on a modern 377,000 sq ft multi-let scheme on behalf of M&G Real Estate
- Providing advice to Standard Life Investments on over 1,500,000 sq ft of industrial / warehousing space across two schemes
- Insider Property Awards 2013 winner
- Birmingham Young Professional of the Year 2013 finalist
Wider Industry Involvement
Chris is a Midlands Property Quiz committee member and assists with organising the event annually. The quiz attracts c. 500 property professionals from across the region, raising money for the Birmingham Children’s Hospital and RICS Charity, Lionheart. He is also a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and the West Midlands Industrial Agents Society.
- M7 Real Estate
- Standard Life Investments
- M&G Real Estate
- The IPIF